Bookmarks

It's been a long time since I've written anything here.  It's also been a while since I had any personal projects to write about.  Things in the web and mobile worlds have changed quite a bit since my last entries.

In order to get up to speed with modern Django and javascript web development, I decided to create a personal project and blog about it.    The project is eponymously named "Bookmarks".  It's an old idea (social bookmarking) built using modern web development tools/frameworks.  I like Django, so that's my starting point.  At first the app will be a simple CRUD html website using Django templates, then I'll add a REST API and pick some javascript framework for the front end.   If I make it this far, I may add some goodies that make it more usable on a mobile device.

The code for this project will always be available on GitHub.  I haven't decided on how to host it yet (self-hosted, Heroku, Amazon, etc), so there's no working site yet.

No comments: